Top 10 Wedding Toast Ideas:
A wedding toast is a special honor, usually given to close friends or family members by the bride or groom. Just like actual speeches, they should be planned beforehand. They can be humorous, sincere, or emotional, as long as they’re respectful.
If you’re not sure how to properly toast the couple, a shorter comment is best. Talking to an audience can be nerve-wracking and saying something witty and memorable is a good way to avoid drawing too much attention to yourself.
If you’re not too anxious about speaking to a crowd, you might want to share a memory or story about the couple. Regardless of what you say, it should be lighthearted and from a kind place.
If you’re stumped on what to say when it’s your turn to give a toast, inspiration can be found everywhere. From funny wedding toasts to sincere quotes, here’s ten worth raising a glass to.
- “Here’s to the groom, a man who keeps his head though he loses his heart.”
- “Loyal, honest, funny, caring…but enough about me. I’m here to talk about the groom! He is someone who I look up to, whose love inspires me, and I think he found his perfect match. Let us all raise a toast to the two of them!”
- “Here’s to a sweetheart, a bottle, and a friend. The first beautiful, the second full, the last ever faithful.”
- “You don’t need to be on the same wavelength to succeed in marriage. You just need to be able to ride each other’s waves.”
- “A good marriage is one where each partner secretly suspects they got the better deal.”
- “Me and [Groom] have been friends for a long time, but he had some trouble finding a best man. He asked his richest friend, who said no. Then he asked his funniest friend, who also said no. After his handsomest friend also declined, he came to me — and well, I couldn’t say no a fourth time.”
- “I have one piece of advice for you two lovebirds: never stop laughing, even when the jokes are lame.”
- “I don’t get all dressed up for just anyone, but when two people who are so in love tell me to put on my fancy clothes, this is what happens.”
- “Love makes people do strange things. In this instance, love made two people get all dressed up and walk slowly down an aisle. I can’t think of any other time these two would do something like this, but I also can’t think of a better couple to make love look cool.”
- “We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. — Dead Poets Society”
Humorous wedding toasts hit home like no other, but a well-placed quote or story can touch the hearts of the audience. If you’re unsure about what you’ve written, ask friends for critique or insight.
Plan carefully and may your wedding toast be punctuated with the cheers of your audience.