Let’s talk best man wedding toasts
After All, They Are Special
Some of the best wedding toasts we have heard have been funny and simple. The best man wedding toasts are an important moment and sometimes a pivotal one for the entire event. This special day is supposed to be full of elegant, funny, emotional, and sometimes over the top speeches. When a person attends a wedding at a wedding banquet hall there is never a shortage of the unexpected no matter how well the event is planned. People are unpredictable let’s just hope for your wedding celebration these attendees lean more towards the humor side of things.
Having planned hundreds of wedding ceremonies we can tell you humor and good tears win over every all other emotion. We wanted to take a moment to share some of the funny best man wedding toasts. Here are some toasts and one-liners that have left a lasting impression over the years:
- It’s been an emotional day, even the cake is in tiers.
- Folks I have been told I am not allowed to have a drink until AFTER my speech. If I seem like I’m in a hurry to finish, it’s because I am.
- I hope the two of you have the two essential things it takes to have a successful marriage 1) a sense of humor 2) selective hearing.
- Psychiatrists say that girls tend to marry men like their fathers. That must be why mothers cry at weddings.
- Love is not about how often you say I love you, but how often you show that it’s true.
- Loyal, caring, sincere, honest, a great man… but that’s enough about me, I’m here to give a speech about [grooms name here]!
- True love is our soul’s recognition of its counterpart in another.
- You don’t marry the person you can live with; you marry the person you can’t live without. Which is exactly what [bride] and [groom] have done, so let’s raise a glass to them.
- May your love be modern enough to survive the times but old-fashioned enough to last forever.
- The goal of marriage is not to think alike but to think together.
- I do have to say though [groom] just how lucky you are. You will leave here today with a wife who is warm, loving, and caring. And [bride], how lucky you are as well. You leave here today, having gained a lovely dress and a wonderful bouquet of flowers.
- To love, to laughter, to happy ever after.
- To start this speech, I Googled ‘the perfect best man speech’ but you had to pay to read the examples and I didn’t think it was worth it, so I’m just going to wing it.
- Because we all love someone who is in heaven there is a little bit of heaven at this wedding
- I’d also like to congratulate the [groom] on a truly amazing speech, I always knew it would be hard to follow and I was right. I could barely follow a word of it!
- The [groom’s name], is a wonderful, handsome, charismatic man. He would do anything for anyone. He even wrote this speech for me!
The speeches that seem to have the longest lasting effect are the ones that have the done the following:
According to wedessence.com
- Prepared the speech ahead of time
- Keep the best man speech short and crisp
- Use a great opening line for the bride and groom and their guests
- Seem to know enough about the groom to add something no one else knows
- The best man must have a good closing line for his speech
Book your next event at our wedding banquet hall