Are you attending a wedding in Glendale, California? If so let us provide you with a list of fun things to do in the area. Glendale has a lot of fun places to explore. If you’re going to an event at MGM Banquet Hall you are also putting yourself, your friends, and your family in a fun-filled neighborhood. Just to make things easy we made a list for you:
- Museum of Neon Art (MONA): ß You read that right. This is a museum who’s soul purpose is to preserve neon works of art. They also have kinetic art. The museum relocated from downtown Los Angeles to Glendale in 2016. You will find signs from Grauman’s Chinese Theater and the Brown Derby amongst other amazing neon delights here.
- Doctors House Victorian Museum: This museum was established in 1979 because a group of residents wanted to save the beloved Doctors house from demolition. The Queen Anne style Victorian house was moved to Brand Park and then restored to its Victorian glamor. The doors were officially opened to the public in 1984 and it has been a popular museum ever since.
- Brand Boulevard: If you like to shop this is the spot for you. You can find local produce, shops, bookstores, cafés, and a wide range of eclectic stores. If you are shopping for a night out on the town, or the red carpet, these shops will not let you down. From unique cafes to night on the town attire this is sure to impress. Check out the never-ending list of cafes worth visiting here.
- Forest Lawn Cemetery: Would you like to see where some very famous celebrities have been buried? You can find Michael Jackson, Humphrey Bogart, and Sammy Davis Junior. This cemetery is also known as ‘Glendale’s Walk of Fame’ lot’s of singers, actors, actresses, and musicians have headstones here.
- Alex Theatre: Are you looking for musical theater, symphony orchestras, ballet recitals, or film/television screenings while in Glendale, California? This hot spot was built in 1925 as a vaudeville house. This is a must see if you are in the Glendale area.
This is just a small list of must do’s if you come to town for a wedding, birthday, or special event. If you are throwing a special celebration and want to offer your guest list some fun things to do, this list should do it. Glendale is full of wonderful things to do for an evening out on the town. If you have the day to explore there is also plenty of option for daytime activities.