Wedding venue near me:
The city of Glendale, just outside LA, used to be celebrated for its amazing mall and shopping. However, today it’s known for so much more. Glendale is quickly making a name for itself as the place to visit if you want something a little unique and different. The city is surrounded by gorgeous scenery, so you can enjoy hiking, biking and plenty more. But if you are lucky enough to get married in a Glendale wedding venue, there are five incredible things to do.
- Happy Honeymoon Hunting – Visiting Brand Boulevard, which is known as the main drag in Glendale is the place to go shopping! There’s a wide range of eclectic stores, local book stores, cafes and more to stroll through hand-in-hand. If you’re about to embark upon a cruise or fancy honeymoon trip, pick up a tuxedo or glamorous black dress here. There are evening wear shops among some of the other exciting shopping options in the Brand Boulevard area. This makes for a great day of spending some of your wedding reception cash gifts and planning for your trip.
- Picnic in the Park – If your wedding venue Glendale area reception was bustling and busy, you’ll want to relax afterward. Take some time in the days following the celebration to visit Deukmejian Wilderness Park. One of the most noteworthy features of the park is a McFall Oak, which is 200 years old. It’s the perfect photo op for you and your new spouse. Plus, there are a number of trails, such as the two-mile Dunsmore Canyon Trail that ends with a stunning view. Imagine looking over the sunset on Crescenta Valley, then make your way to Deukmejian Wilderness Park for some tranquility and flowers.
- Keep it Classic – The Alex Theatre, built-in 1925, is something of a powerhouse in the Glendale area. The theater used to be a vaudeville house back in the day before it was converted to a single screen theater. Following a period when live shows were no longer performed, the theater has now gone back to it vaudevillian roots. Today the happy newlyweds can find live performances including musical theater, symphony orchestras, ballet recitals, and even film screenings.
- Enjoy the Arts – For the couple that enjoys art and history, the Roslin Art Gallery is the place to be. It will educate visitors about Armenian art and the history of the Armenian people in Glendale. The gallery employs a mission statement of promoting little known Armenian art to the public and is named in honor of the artists Toros Roslin. He was a renowned painter of illuminated manuscripts dating back from the middle ages. Today you can see both modern and classical pieces at the gallery while learning about Glendale’s roots.
- Indulge Already – As you were touring each and every wedding venue near me, many anxious couples were dieting ahead of the big day. So, after months of cutting carbs and forbidding sugar, visit Porto’s Bakery. This Glendale staple is a Cuban bakery famous for producing delicious freshly baked goods every day. Some of the favorites here include croissants, turnovers, and empanadas. However, if you can visit during lunchtime, they’re known for one of the best Cuban Sandwiches in the LA area.
So, whether you’re into the beautiful scenery, ample shopping, and entertainment, or delicious foods in Glendale, there’s plenty to do. Enjoy the days following your wedding and make the most of your time in sunny and beautiful California.