2020 Birthday Trends
The New Year is already in full swing, and with it, 2020 party trends are beginning to emerge. If you have an upcoming birthday celebration to plan, you’ll want to stay ahead of the latest trends. Whether the birthday is a milestone, such as a quinceanera or Sweet 16, or just another birthday, you’ll want it to be exceptional. Check out the latest 2020 birthday celebration trends below to help you plan accordingly.
Flower Power Party – For an iconic bohemian style, look to the ’60s and ’70s for some groovy inspiration. This vibrant birthday theme perfectly captures the bohemian spirit. Add a giant peace-sign backdrop, whimsical dreamcatcher décor, and flower-power-themed desserts. The colors should include yellow, orange, green, blue, pink, and purple swirled around psychedelically. Don’t forget to have the DJ or band play the greatest hits of the era to capture the flower power theme.
- Llama Gala – Unicorns and mermaids are still topping the list for little girl’s birthday parties. Yet, llamas have taken the number one spot. Use cacti and colorful tassels for the full effect. Llama cutouts, cake toppers, and decorations are easy to come by these days. If you want to go over-the-top, you can rent a live llama for your event. There is no doubt that 2020 is the year of the llama when it comes to birthday bashes.
- Great Gatsby Ball – One of the biggest party trends of 2020 is bringing back the Roaring 20’s from 100 years ago. A Great Gatsby theme will likely be famous for the entire year, and that means gold, glitz, and glam. You can pour guests a Gin Rickey or an Old Fashioned while serving up snacks from the same era.
- Encourage guests to don their best flapper and zoot suit attire when attending your soiree. Any banquet hall near Glendale, CA, will be able to assist you in bringing this theme to life with proper lighting, music, and décor.
- An Arabian Affair – The latest Aladdin movie has spiked a new interest in Arabian themed events. From magic carpets to golden lanterns and exotic patterns, fabrics, and flavors, Arabian is in. Everyone can agree that this motif is perfect for a memorable event filled with bright colors and unique décor. It’s easy to bring in elements of exotic animals and custom lighting to make it feel like “A Whole New World.”
- Golden Girls Glam – The popular television sitcom from the ’80s is making a huge comeback this year. There’s even a Golden Girls cruise in the works planning to disembark this summer. Utilize the famous images of the feisty ladies in your decorations and balloons. You should have a cheesecake station for guests to indulge in. Bingo, karaoke, and 80’s themed attire will make it a night to remember. And of course, the event wouldn’t be complete without the crowd singing along to “Thank you for being a Friend.”
The year 2020
The year 2020 will be a big one for thinking outside of the box and finding unique ways to celebrate. Remember, birthday parties should embrace the personality of the guest of honor. So, think about whom the party is for and what their interests and hobbies are. Do they have a movie or television show they’re obsessed with? Think about what will give the birthday girl or boy the biggest smile and go from there. At MGM Banquet Hall in the Glendale, California area, we are here to help. Our well-trained staff can offer you everything you need to make the most of your next incredible birthday bash. Call us anytime to learn more or to schedule a tour.